Starting a bike jacket brand has been an exhilarating journey, filled with twists and turns. One of the most valuable assets I've discovered along the way is the power of networking and connecting with other business owners in the industry. In this blog post, I'll share my experiences and the incredible story of connecting with a seasoned entrepreneur in the cycling world, Max von Senger, founder of Standert Bikes in 2012, who has since achieved remarkable success.
The Importance of Industry Connections
When I embarked on this journey to create a bike jacket brand, I quickly realized that knowledge, insights, and the wisdom of those who've been in the industry for a while are invaluable. Here's how I began forming these vital connections:
Industry Events and Trade Shows: Attending bike industry expos and trade shows was one of my initial steps. These events are hubs for like-minded individuals who share a passion for cycling and related gear. The connections I made here were instrumental in shaping my brand's direction.
Online Forums and Communities: Engaging in online cycling forums and communities allowed me to connect with fellow enthusiasts, business owners, and experts. These digital platforms provided a space for asking questions, sharing ideas, and learning from others' experiences.
Social Media: Platforms like Instagram and LinkedIn became my go-to places for connecting with professionals in the industry. Sharing my brand's journey, products, and engaging with the cycling community drew the attention of influential figures.
The Max von Senger Connection
One of the most significant milestones in my journey was connecting with Max von Senger, the visionary founder of Standert Bikes. Max's journey, from starting Standert Bikes in 2012 to becoming a well-known and successful name in the cycling industry, is a story of passion, dedication, and the invaluable wisdom he's gained.
Here's how my connection with Max unfolded:
- Meeting through a shared friend: Leveraging my network helped me to get in contact with relevant people while at the same time forming long lasting relationships.
- Mutual Interests and Goals: Max and I found common ground in our commitment to quality and innovation. This alignment of values and goals created a foundation for a collaborative relationship.
- Learning from Max's Experience: Max shared invaluable insights about building a brand in the cycling industry. His experiences, challenges, and successes provided me with a wealth of knowledge and perspective that I couldn't have gained elsewhere.
- Collaborative Opportunities: Over time, our connection evolved into potential collaborative opportunities. The synergy between our brands opened doors for mutually beneficial projects and ventures.
- Cold email LinkedIn connections: Just be bold and reach out to people. They might answer. I made a few great connections through that. IN my experience, successful people are usually very generous with mentoring and helping others that are just starting out.
Connecting with other business owners and industry leaders is a strategic move that can profoundly impact the success of your venture. The knowledge and experience you can gain from established figures in the industry are invaluable. My journey in the world of bike jackets has been greatly enriched by the connections I've made, and I am immensely grateful for the insights and wisdom shared by people like Max.
As you embark on your entrepreneurial journey, remember that the cycling community is a tight-knit and supportive one. Don't hesitate to reach out, engage, and form connections. The right connection can lead to a world of opportunities and can be the key to unlocking your brand's potential.